Low sperm count, the leading cause of male infertility, can be temporary or permanent. Temporary reduction in sperm production is related to various causes like heavy duty cycling, exposure to extreme heat, ill fitting briefs, insomnia, performance pressure and emotional stress. All of these are causes of low sperm count in men. However, patients who suffer from this temporary low count can try out some helpful lifestyle changes to boost their sperm count. About six percent of males between the ages of fifteen and fifty struggle with infertility. Male infertility can be caused by a variety of problems.
Causes of Low Sperm Count
- Nearly any major physical or mental stress can temporarily reduce sperm count. Some common conditions that lower sperm count, temporarily in nearly all cases, include the following:
- Emotional Stress. Stress may interfere with the hormone GnRH and reduce sperm counts.
- Sexual Issues. In less than 1% of males with infertility problems, a problem with sexual intercourse or technique will affect fertility.
- Impotence, premature ejaculation, or psychologic or relationship problems can contribute to infertility, although these conditions are usually very treatable.
- Lubricants used with condoms, including spermicides, oils, and Vaseline, can affect fertility. If you need a sperm friendly lubricant, the choice of many couples trying to get pregnant is Pre-Seed.
Increase Sperm count
There are several things that may help increase sperm count, including:
- Exercise. Regular exercise will help reduce stress, but be careful. Excessive exercise can cause harm, as can certain exercises that may negatively impact the testicles, such as bicycling.
- Ejaculating less often. The more often a man ejaculates, the less dense the semen will be. Maintain a gap of three days between ejaculations.
- Refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Massage body with herbal oil, which may improve blood circulation.
- Have sex in the early morning or afternoon. It is believed that sperm levels are often highest in the morning.
- Avoid tight underwear, saunas, and whirlpools, all of which may increase the temperature of the testicles.
- Use natural supplements and vitamins that may assist with sperm count.
- Maintain a high protein, low fat diet, rich in vegetables and whole grains. Avoid bitter and spicy foods.
- Home remedies to increase sperm
- Stay away from cigarettes and alcohol.
- Practice yoga and meditation to be stress free.
- Try to exercise regularly.
- Try to maintain a three day gap between two consecutive ejaculations to remain fertile.
- Avoid bitter, spicy and acidic foods.
- Avoid tight underpants to provide an ambient climate for the testicles.
- Have a good massage therapy with herbal oils to improve blood circulation.
- Loose excess weight.
- Have a healthy diet containing whole grains and vegetables rich in proteins and vitamins.
- Sperm levels are at the highest in the morning and afternoon making it the best time for love making.
- Celery is one of food products known to have great properties for sexual stimulation. It contains androsterone, an odor free hormone which is very inviting for women. Raw celery is the best way to increase that desire.
- Oysters are rich in zinc and are know to increase sperm and testosterone production. It contains dopamine which increases the sexual desire.
- Bananas, Avocado and Almond or other nuts are some of the other food products which help in this matter.
Filed Under: Sexual Health, Problems and Satisfaction in Men