Irregular periods aren’t unusual they affect about 30% of women in their reproductive years. An irregular period is any type of bleeding that is abnormal when compared to your usual menstrual cycle. This can include a late period, an early period or bleeding between periods. It can also appear as particularly heavy bleeding (menorrhagia) or scanty bleeding. Many women also experience irregular periods in the form of a missed period, continuous periods, or periods that occur twice in one cycle.
Causes of Irregular periods
1. A woman can have irregular periods due to significant weight loss or weight gain.
2. Over exercise can also result in irregular menstruation.
3. Poor nutrition and diet which is rich in carbohydrates is also related to hormonal imbalance and menstrual disturbances.
4. Some drugs can also cause irregularities in menstruation.
5. Many women who are smokers experience irregular periods.
6. Excessive intake of coffee is also a cause of irregular menstruation.
7. Some specific drugs can also cause menstrual irregularities.
HOME REMEDIES FOR IRREGULAR MENSTRUATION
1. Carrot seeds mixed with saunth (dried ginger) is very effective home remedy for irregular menstruation treatment.
2. Garlic mixed with honey is very useful
3. Guggulu (Commiphora mukul), giloye (Tinospora cordifolia) and shilajit mixture is also beneficial
4. Coriander seeds are considered highly beneficial in the treatment of excessive menstruation. Boil 6 grams of seeds in half litre of water and stop boiling till half of it is left. This is one of the useful natural remedy for menstruation.
5. Ginger is also an effective home remedy for menstrual problems. A piece of fresh ginger should be pounded and boiled in a cupful of water and should be taken thrice a day after meals. This is a best menstruation cure.
6. Beet juice when taken in a dose of 60-90 grams twice a day provides relief from all kinds of menstrual problems.
7. The juice of the fresh mango bark is highly beneficial for the treatment of excessive bleeding. A mixture of 10 ml mango bark juice, and 120 ml of water should be given in doses of one teaspoon after every hour. This is very effective home remedy for menstruation.
8. Smoking should be avoided if suffering from any kind of menstrual problem.
9. Parsley (ajmoda) is an easy and successful home remedy for the treatment of menstruation. This is useful for women who either have sore or no menstrual flow. The muscles in uterus contracts due to harsh pain during menstruation, and this afterward cause irregular blood flow.
10. Women with anemia endure a lot during menstruation period. Sesame seeds (til) are good quality home remedy for release from severe pain throughout the menstruation period. It also increases the blood let go during menstruation. Take 1-2 teaspoon of sesame seeds in a glass of water and boil it
11. Add some sesame seeds in a glassful of water. Drink this twice each day when you have menstrual pains.
12. Papaya is obliging in treating menstrual evils. Women (especially young females) suffering from poor flow of blood during their menstrual era or those who experience severe pain throughout this period should eat raw papaya. Papaya helps in good functioning of the muscles of the uterus, which allow the proper flow of blood.
YOGA FOR IRREGULAR MENSTRUATION
2. Sarvang asan
3. Vajra asan
4. Kamal sasn
Filed Under: Sexual Health, Problems and Satisfaction in Women