An irregular period is defined as menstrual cycle that is either shorter than 21 days, or longer than 36 days. It may also be defined as cycles that vary significantly from month to month, even though they are within the normal time frames. For example, if one month your cycle is 23 days, and another it’s 35, and then another it’s 30, you might say you have irregular cycles.
It’s actually normal for women to experience irregular cycles occasionally. Stress or illness can cause a delay in ovulation or menstruation, causing your cycle to be longer, and sometimes shorter, than usual. One or two periods a year that is “off” isn’t something to be worried about.
Symptoms of irregular menstruation.
- Pelvic infection.
- Inflammation of the uterus.
- Weight gain or loss.
- Prolapsed Uterus.
Causes of Irregular Menstruation.
Emotions play an important role in causing an irregularity in an otherwise normal cycle. Other causes are hormonal variations.
Types of Menstrual irregularities.
- Vaginal bleeding.
- Heavy periods.
Treatment of Irregular Menstruation
Menstruation, a essential female physiological procedure, is very significant in that it is capable of moving several other metabolisms within the body. Women who skill regular menstrual cycles have far better odds of enjoy better physical and physiological health than women who practice disrupted menstrual cycles. Instead of medication, more and more women are now revolving to natural treatment for irregular menstruation.
Studies show that about 30% of women suffer from Oligomenorrhea, which is a state wherein menstruation is uneven or is absent altogether.
Home Remedies for Irregular Menstruation
- Grapes: Drink grape juice daily. This regularizes the menstruation cycle. Raw grapes are also helpful. Excessive consumption of grapes results in loose motions.
- Banyan roots: Collect and extract decoction from banyan roots. Add some cow’s milk to this decoction and drink it before retiring for the day. This stimulates irregular periods.
- Radish Seeds: Grind radish seeds and add some water. Make a smooth paste and mix it with buttermilk. Drink this regularly, that is, once in a day. This gives positive results.
- Parsley: This is another effective remedy for treating irregular periods. Consume parsley juice once in a day. This is an effective home remedy for treating menstruation disorders.
- Fennel seeds: Kennel seeds are also helpful in treating menstrual irregularities.
- Coriander: Prepare a decoction with coriander seeds or leaves and have it thrice a day. This is an effective remedy to regularize the menstrual cycle.
- Bitter gourd: Prepare decoction with bitter gourd roots and have once or twice a day. This helps in commencing periods.
- Carrots: These are also helpful in regularizing the menstrual cycle.
- Sugarcane juice: Drink sugarcane juice before a week or two before menstruation cycle. This helps to regularize the menstruation periods.
- Papaya: Papaya regularizes the irregular cycle. This is the most common remedy.
- Helpful Foods for menstrual disorders: ginger, sesame seeds, banana flower, beetroot juice mixed with carrot.
- Foods to be avoided: sugar, cakes, refined food, fatty foods, strong tea & coffee, pickles, etc.